At their recent banquet fundraiser event, Four Corners chapter of Safari Club International (SCI) made the announcement of scholarship availability. The Chapter is proud to offer funding to students who are pursuing and continuing education by way of college, university or trade school.
The applicants must be registered students in their senior year at a Four Corners Area high school or a student from the Four Corners Area who is enrolled and attending a college, university, or trade school (not necessarily in the Four Corners Area). Applicants must display a record of service to the community and must display a record of commitment to the points of the Four Corners SCI Mission Statement.
Four Corners SCI Mission:
- To promote good fellowship among all who love the outdoors and hunting.
- To promote conservation of the world’s renewable wildlife resources, recognizing hunting as one of the many management tools.
- To educate youth, sportsmen, and the public in conservation of our wildlife and our forest, which is our natural heritage.
- To share our knowledge and hunting experiences among all our membership.\
- To operate the association as a non-profit organization, consistent with its charitable purposes, while providing enjoyment for our members. Always with the goal of helping to conserve the animals that we love to hunt today, for those who will come to love the sport tomorrow.
Tim Cooper Memorial
Tim Cooper loved life. He built homes, had a passion for motorcycles, and for hunting. He enjoyed nature, wildlife, and the pursuit of wild game. He displayed a jovial spirit as he recounted stories of pack strings, bighorn sheep, odds and results, his hunts, and his wife Paula’s hunts. He quarried others with a genuine interest in their pursuits. He respected other hunters and their success or lack of. He’s what more hunters need to emulate. A tragic car accident cut Tim’s life short. To honor him and because of his positive display toward wildlife, conservation, sharing it with others, and supporting his community, Four Corners SCI is proud to honor his legacy with the Tim Cooper Memorial scholarship, which will be awarded to students who also display these admirable qualities.